Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christmas 2008


This is my attempt at a photo collage. Not too shabby! Stacie and Steph's always look ten time better though :)

Christmas was awesome as always! We spent the night at Will’s house and celebrated Christmas morning with the Bowen’s. Will and I had a hard time sleeping. Will was awake at 5:30 and was ready to open presents! Thanks to everyone for the sweet gifts! Will and I had pretty much given up on ever having a Wii, our new bookshelves look awesome as well as my new clock, and I love my cute shirt from Karen! I wear it often which you can probably tell by the sweat marks that I have already branded (ick). Although recieving gifts are always a plus, I'd have to say giving is much funner. My favorite gift that I gave was to my dad. When I was about 4 years old my mom made my dad what we call his "smoking jacket", which is really just a sexy way of saying loung jacket. Well, he has loved that jacket ever since and now about 17 years later he is still wearing the same jacket my mom made for him when I was 4. It has holes in the elbows, the inside lining is tattered and worn, and the batting was falling out of it! I decided to make him a new one which he has wanted since about 3 years ago. Finally I finished it. In the pic I didn't have it completely finished, but I made it from with what looked like dark green cordiroy with a green silk lining. It was a lot of hard work and being me, I held off until a week before christmas to start it. He loved it! He was so happy that he got a little teary eyed because he thought he would never get a new! It made me so happy to see him happy. I love my dad so much.

3 comments:

Karen and Mike said...

Alex, your such a good daughter...and sister!

Staci said...

Heck Yah "Joe vs the Valcano" we are so proud! I'm sorry about the Wii..one day. You know you can come over and play ours anytime you want..we hardly play it anymore! By the way I love your nephews!

The Colvins said...

Very cute collage! YOu are so thoughtful to make Dad his smoking jacket!