Monday, July 19, 2010

2 Little Monkey's

My two little nephews Sam and Nate were born 2 days apart, so for their birthday I wanted to do something fun and creative. I was inspired by Emily Martin's Black Apple portrait of Monkey C. Hall from her Lost on the Midway collection. I just loved the little guy and had to have him for my two little monkey buddies, but of course, she wasn't going to release the prints for another 2 months! So I decided to make 2 monkey felt dolls. Really, I was hoping they would turn out a little cuter but Nate and Sam loved them no matter what! I hand painted the faces and then went to work. I have never done anything like this before so my felt dolls can only get better with time :) P.S. Birthday hint for my family...Since my birthday is coming up soon I would love love LOVE one of Emily Martin's 8x10 prints. My two favorites are Heart and Key and Lost on the Midway


Monkey C. Hall







9 comments:

Stephanie Kelly said...

These are WONDERFULLLLLL you are amazing and perfect Alex!

Layton Mom said...

Those are adorable!

Brittney Taylor said...

Those turned out GREAT!!!...I love them...good work...

Staci said...

SEEEEE OMG These are sooo adorable You can't fail at anything. I want one for Miles now...get on it girl ;P

APRIL DAVIS said...

I love these! You do such amazing things!

The Colvins said...

So darn cute... Sam loves it!!

Kim Beckstead Cooper said...

Oh my goodness!! You are amazing...so creative! Oh and by the way...you guys got Steve (and me) hooked on Pushing Daisies. LOVE IT!

emily+brett said...

awww. you are seriously talented alex! how could they we ANY cuter?! i love the stripes and i love the detail on their faces. you are amazing.

cerrah said...

Adorable my dear.

When is your Etsy shop opening? And you know I mean it.