Thursday, December 18, 2008

And....We rocked out!

So, remember how I said that I was not too excited for the Aquabats concert, well....I had a blast! And the best part was that I totally did not expect to have fun. I was a little worried about not having fun on the car ride over to the electric theater and then we rounded the corner. A huge line of about 300 or so people. I gawked at the line comprised of 14 year old poser emo girls, guys who looked like jocks, complete nerds, dudes that actually looked like they knew what music actually was and parents with their 3-4 yr old children. It was an OMG moment, What did I get myself into! 4 year old children were coming! I was going to a concert that this line of people probably had no idea who these Aquabats even were. I mean, they are like 40 year old men who are overweight, right? Well, Im going into too much detail so I'll get to the point.



The crowd went wild for DJ Lance Rock from Yo Gabba Gabba (Its the Aquabats kids show thats on nickalodian). The crowd was kinda like "ok....what is this?" at first. But after a while everyone got into it. There were robots on stage telling us to get our wiggles out and we sang "Theres a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy!" Its Yo Gabba Gabba's way of teaching kinds to eat healthy food. Although a little different and wierd, I had a blast gettin back down to my kindergarden roots and rockin out with my abc's and the emo's played along.

I must say that the best part of the show was Suburban Legends who opened the show for the Aquabats. They were Awesome! They put on a show! They had a guy on the trumpet and a guy playing the trombone and the whole thing was coreographed. They danced and sang at the same time. They were unbelievably awesome and they pretty much stole the show!
By the time the Aquabats came on stage it had been 3 hours of rockin already, but (I'm totally an old lady when I say this) my feet really hurt and I was super tired and ready for bed. So, the Aquabats didn't get my full attention but they were good, but Suburban Legends was trully worth my 15 bucks!

1 comments:

Karen and Mike said...

Nice Alex, I am glad you had fun. I loved the Aquabats when I was a teenager!