Monday, December 29, 2008

A lot of Umm’s and What’s?

“I need to register for this math class.” Some random kid says as I look up from my chemistry book. My response, “Ummm…. Right….OK….. Ummmm…. Hmmm…. What was that again?” This is my brain on chemistry and biology. All communication responses in my brain completely shut down when I’m using the left side of my brain. Which is kind of embarrassing because then the kid looks at me like I’m retarded and the school must have felt bad for me so they hired me to drool and look like I’m helping. That’s how I felt anyways. But, I must admit that it was totally worth it to look like an idiot because I scored an A in my Biology and Chemistry! Woot! Very exciting since I must have beat my head against the wall about 50 times stressing over my chemistry and biology, worrying that no school would accept me because I suck at Science. I also found joy in my beginning jazz dance class. I was super worried since I’d never danced before. It was a blast! I had so much fun and I would really like to take another class. I’m thinking about taking a beginning ballet class to strengthen my technique.

I'm the one on the back row in the middle

3 comments:

Karen and Mike said...

Yay Alex, I am so proud of you. Hard work really pays off.

emily+brett said...

I'm so glad you are taking dance classes. I thought you always would be great! You have an ideal body for ballet.

Staci said...

man i need to add your blog so i can follow it..i forgot about it so its been awhile i need to catch up. First of all you are a nerd but an adorable nerd! I forgot you were taking that dance class YOU ARE SOOO BRAVE and look beautiful in that pic. I'm sure you are wonderful at it like EVERYTHING YOU DO! Good job!