Wednesday, March 11, 2009

25 RANDOM things about me

This was on my facebook but I decided to post it on my blog too!

1. I am a perfectionist when it comes to me and my projects. Everything has to be perfect and turn out exactly how I imagined it or I stop the project immediately!

2. I have a problem with starting projects and then not finishing them. This is partly due because I am a perfectionist. I have a corner in my house dedicated to my unfinished projects that didn’t turn out the way I wanted them to.

3. My biggest goal in life is to be successful and happy in whatever I do.

4. I absolutely love games. From board games, card games, hide and go seek, ping pong, and video games. Every game you can think of I probably love. I’m very competitive.

5. I love shoes. I think it’s been passed down from my grandma to my mom, to me and all my sisters. Nothing beats a new pair of shoes which sucks because I can’t really find a nice pair of shoes because stores like Dillard’s and Kohl’s hardly ever carries size 5 ½.

6. I’m afraid of the dark…..It’s super embarrassing, but I slept with a night light since I was about 14 years old! I would sleep with one now but Will keeps me safe from the Boogie man :)

7. I love chips and salsa from Macayo’s in Las Vegas. I grew up on that stuff and nothing can beat it. Next time you’re in Vegas you should check it out. They’re Mexican food is the best!

8. I was President of my Elementary School in Las Vegas. Surprise? I used to be extremely outgoing and not shy at all!

9. Because I was President of Halle Hewetson, I actually got to shake hands with Hillary Clinton when she came to our school. Not that she’s the coolest person ever to shake hands with. I shook Goofy’s hand at Disneyland and that was even more exciting!

10. I love the show So You Think You Can Dance. I wish I could dance like that!

11. I love all music. Rap, pop, screamo, rock, emo, a little bit of country, old jazz club music, big band music…Right now I like listening to the Gospel rock channel. Sounds lame but they’ve got some really good music on that station.

12. I love old Disney classics. My favorites are Cinderella and Beauty and the Beast.

13. I love flowers. If I had money to throw away, I would buy fresh flowers for myself every other day. I love how vibrant their colors are and their smell. They remind me of spring, my favorite.

14. I love to learn. I actually get super excited right before school starts in the fall after summer vacation. Sometimes I can’t sleep all night because I’m so excited.

15. Some of my pet peeves are people biting their forks when their eating, loud people in movie theaters whether laughing weird or just talking, blue tooths, people who don’t take care of your stuff when you let them borrow something and waiters/waitresses who ask how your food is tasting. This used to not bug me, but it’s starting to sound kinda cheep. The other night after the waiter asked how everything tasted Will said it would taste better if his burger had bacon. The waiter’s response, “Oh, umm… yeah…. that’s… uuuu...I’ll just bre….” And he was gone. He had no response, he just left!

16. I love new clothes and I love to dress up. I haven’t been new clothes shopping in forever and it’s killing me!

17. I’m a total penny pincher. I must get it from my grandpa or something :) The other day when I was at Target they “forgot” to give me my change back which was about 10 cents. I think it’s their new technique in getting as much money as possible from customers because they’ve done it to me about 4 times and I finally got mad and had to ask for my change.

18. I know this sounds cheesy but I’ve never been to prom or any event where you got to dress up all fancy and get your hair done in an updo. It’s my secret wish to get asked out on some romantic place where I need to get all dressed up like that.

19. I love going to the movies. Learning about other peoples lives, even if they are made up, is just super fascinating to me.

20. I have a fear that my teeth are going to fall out and I’m going to have to wear dentures!

21. Chewy things make me gag, like fatty chicken and most seafood. Any kind of Chinese food or Japanese food makes me want to RALF!

22. My favorite cartoon to watch on Saturday morning is the Mighty Bee and The Fairly Odd Parents

23. Similar to #21, unknown food makes me sick. I would love to travel and go to all of these foreign places but I can’t handle the food. Anything that isn’t American makes me sick. My stomach just can’t handle it.

24. Something that I can’t stand is people not taking their job seriously and being rude to customers. It’s like, in this economy you can’t even risk losing your lob to your own laziness and rudeness, but people are doing it more than ever!

25. I have a weird attraction to office supplies. Whenever I go to Staple or Office Depot, I see all the colorful office supplies and I’m drawn to them for some reason. Will usually has to stop me from buying unneeded paperclips, sticky notes, or pens.

4 comments:

The Colvins said...

Alex, I love all these random things about you--we have much in common. I love #5 (because it is so true)--it seems like almost every time I see you, you have a new pair of shoes!! #11--I like the gospel radio station too (I don't think anyone else knows that but Jake) #23--does chicken sweet and sour make you gag? or is it just real Chinese food? Do you like trying new foods as long as they're an American recipe and not forgein? (I can't believe I don't know this about you!)

Staci said...

hahah you Rock! Ok you are not alone with being afraid of the dark. I agree husbands are the best at keeping you safe. Rob has been gone all week and I have slept with every light on in the house...with a knife next to my bed!

You arent missing out on the whole prom thing...i went to the prom w/ my friends wearing tshirts and big poofy skirts with our hair all crazy. Although it is fun to get dressed up every once in awhile. I loved this..you so funny! I love knowing things and see a diff. side of Alex!

Karen and Mike said...

#9, 13, and 15 are my favorites! Seriously Alex, do you know how funny you are? I am laughing out loud!

cerrah said...

Well hello, I had no idea you had a blog, Alex. And it's been like a year! You have to speak up on these things. It was fun reading all of your posts, I'll check in more often.